Check out deals on ebay.
(PRWEB) March 16, 2012
As the American obesity epidemic appears to be growing exponentially – the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate 35.7% of adult Americans are obese – it is becoming evident that not everything written about weight loss is true. Confusion surrounding misleading claims and false information has led many men and women to become discouraged and give up on their weight loss goals altogether. Upon the realization that there are many conflicting ideas about losing weight, Weight Loss Guide has set out to ascertain the truth about weight loss from the abundance of myths and exaggerations.
Top 5 Weight Loss Diet Myths
1. Fast Weight Loss is Possible with Starvation Diets
- Unless combined with either hCG drops or injections, very-low calorie diets are unhealthy and may damage the metabolism. When a person is consuming too few calories, the body enters into hibernation mode and will attempt to store body fat rather than burn it.
2. The Only Way to Lose Weight is with a Weight Loss Diet and Exercise
- While eating a healthy diet and getting exercise is always recommended, diet pills and other weight loss products can promote weight loss on their own. Taking a fat burner, carb-blocker or metabolism booster can help users lose weight without diet or exercise.
3. Everyone Should Eat About 2,000 Calories per Day
- The number of calories one should eat per day is dependent on a number of factors. Age, gender, weight, height and activity level all contribute to one’s required daily calorie intake.
4. Salad is Always a Healthy Meal Option
- Salad is often combined with cheese, croutons, dried fruit and high calorie dressing. When these types of items are added in, one salad can add up to 1,000 calories or more. This means choosing a salad may result in a higher calorie intake than a cheeseburger.
5. Vegetarian Diets Always Promote Weight Loss
- Eating a vegetarian diet does not always encourage weight loss – vegetarian diets are often high in sugar, calories and carbohydrates.
To view Weight Loss Guide’s top picks, or to read through their vast catalogue of weight loss articles, please visit WeightLossGuide.com.
Editor’s Notes: Weight Loss Guide rates and ranks diet pills and weight loss products to determine the top choices in a variety of categories. Weight Loss Guide was launched in 1998 and has since become an online weight loss and wellness authority.
# # #
Weight Loss Guide
Why not check out our Phen375 review?